Swansea Harriers is fortunate to have a large team of volunteer coaches that help week in week out in the club throughout the year and in all weather. Any queries related to coaching should be sent to the club coaching coordinator [email protected] or 078 94 57 35 55. Around fifty different training sessions are held 7 days a week depending on age group, ability and event discipline. Please get in touch for specific details.
Meet our coaches:
Coaches Name (Qualification) Events Coached:
- Alan Rees (UKA Coach) Juniors & Endurance
- Andrew Griffiths (UKA Coach) Hurdles & Juniors.
- Andrew Jenkins (UKA Coach) Juniors.
- Anthony Clements (UKA CIRF & Coach) Endurance
- Barrie Owen (UKA Coach) Sprints & Hurdles
- Caroline Wade (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- Catherine Collins (UKA Coach): Juniors
- Christopher Davies (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- Colin Davies (UKA Coach) Sprints.
- Craig Guite (UKA Coach) Pole Vault & Juniors
- Daniel Newton (UKA Coach LIRF) Seniors Endurance
- Dave Lewis (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- David Dix (UKA Coach) Juniors & Jumps & Throws
- David Williams (UKA Coach) Sprints
- Dean Packer (UKA Coach) Juniors & High Jump.
- Emily Marchant (UKA LIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- George Edwards (BAF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Helen-Marie Davies (UKA LIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Ian Bowles (UKA Coach) Throws, Jumps & Track
- Imelda Morrisson (UKA Coach) Juniors & Horizontal Jumps
- Islwyn Rees (UKA Coach) Pole Vault & Juniors
- James Harwood (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors & Sprints
- Jane Hosgood (UKA Coach) Juniors and Pole Vault.
- Jeff Squire (UKA Coach) Throws Javelin.
- John Griffiths (UKA Coach) Juniors Endurance.
- Judith Gooding (UKA Coach) Hurdles, Sprints & Long Jump Seniors.
- Kevin Tobin (UKA Coach) Juniors & Seniors Endurance
- Kneath Philippart (UKA LIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Lee Cameron (UKA Coach) Throws
- Lynne Brier (UKA Coach) Sprints
- Mark Beharrell (UKA Coaching Assistant) Pole Vault
- Mark Davies (UKA Coach) Juniors & Sprints.
- Mark Thomas (UKA Coach) Juniors & Endurance
- Neal Merry (UKA Coach) Sprints.
- Owen Haswell (UKA Coach) Endurance
- Paul Flynn (UKA LIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Peter Roberts (UKA Coach) Shot, Discus & Hammer.
- Peter Walton (UKA Coach) Sprints
- Rebecca Ward (UKA Coach) Juniors
- Richard Stratton-Thomas (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors.
- Rob Buchan (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors & Endurance
- Rob Jones (UKA Coach) Sprints & High Jump
- Robert Fenwick (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- Robin Wood (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors & Horizontal Jumps
- Sarah Bray (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- Simon Brewer (UKA LIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Sophie Do Rouys (UKA Coaching Assistant) Juniors
- Steve Ingram (UKA Coach) Long Jump, Triple Jump & Juniors
- Steve Ryan (UKA Coach) High Jump.
- Tina Gabb (UKA LIRF Coach) Juniors
- Tony Morris (UKA Coach) Juniors, Hurdles & Long Jump.
- Vanessa Harragan (UKA CIRF Coach) Seniors Endurance
- Wendy Slade (UKA Coach) Sprints
We take our responsibilities towards the welfare of all our members very seriously and require everyone in the club who has significant contact with children to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
All our coaches must have an enhanced DBS check (Disclosure & Baring Service) and have a valid British Athletics Coaching License to coach at the club in club sessions. Licenses are valid for a 3 year period and the enhanced DBS check must be renewed to have the license validated.
The UKA Disclosure and Barring Service application is an online form. This system not only makes it easier for individual’s to apply for a DBS but also makes it quicker by streamlining the process. Follow the steps below:
Log onto your myATHLETICS Portal. If this is the first time you are applying for a coaches or officials licence, you would have had an account created for you when you applied to attend a course, in your confirmation email you will find your URN number (this is the same as your WA number).
Once you have logged in you will see your personal details section. At the bottom of the first section shows the current status of your DBS.
Click on the appropriate link to update your DBS. Follow the on-screen instructions.
You will need to provide three forms of identification to the person you chose as your verifier. The online process will state who you can use as a verifier and suggest verifiers local to you. You can click here to see what identification you can use.
Once you have completed an online application it is processed and you will receive your DBS certificate in the post. Once UKA have received an electronic copy of your DBS certificate your licence will be produced and sent out.
It is possible for you to select one of our club verifiers online,
Andrew Jenkins [email protected] 078 94 57 35 55
Ian Griffiths [email protected] 077 72 11 19 89
Lynne Brier [email protected] 077 69 94 16 10
Online Accident & Incident Report Form. What to do in the event of an accident or near-miss click here.