The Trustees of the club/charity meet on the first Monday of every month. Our Trustees have overall control of the charity and are responsible for making sure it’s doing what it was set up to do by using their skills and experience to support our club, with their key responsibilities being
- Ensure the club/charity is carrying out its stated purposes for which it is set up, and no other purpose.
- Ensure the club/charity complies with our governing document and charity law requirements and other laws that apply to Swansea Harriers.
- Act in the club/charity’s best interests, decisions must be balanced and adequately informed, and consider both the long and short term.
- Manage the club/charity’s resources responsibly – our resources should be used only to support it carry out our purpose, not be riskily used or over-committed.
- Act with reasonable care, using all their skills and experience, and give appropriate advice and guidance where required or requested.
- Ensure the club/charity complies with statutory accounting and reporting requirements – and be easily able to demonstrate that we are.
If any Club Member wishes to place an item on the Agenda of any Trustee Meeting please contact the Club Secretary by e-mail .The next Annual General Meeting of the Club will be at 8pm Thursday 26th January 2023 in the cafe at Ashleigh Road Playing Fields. Any notices of motion for the AGM should be sent to the club secretary in writing no later than Wednesday 11th January 2023.