Resumption Of Training For Members Aged 18+ From Monday 26th April
In line with Welsh Government announcement on Friday 9th April, club training sessions will resume from Monday 26th April for members aged over 18. This return will be the first opportunity to return to activities that were previously enjoyed prior to Wales going into lockdown on 19th December 2020 and we very much look forward to seeing our seniors back! Please ensure you read version 7 of the clubs covid 19 plan before training Swansea Harriers Covid Plan Version 7 @ 24.04.21 there have been many changes, key information includes:
- Only the outdoor track is open, indoors remains closed.
- You cannot just turn up to training, athletes can only attend a club session upon direct invitation from their coach and must confirm their attendance not less than 24 hours before the session is due to commence.
- All athletes must register at the club cafe before each session to ensure that the club and the facility maintains an accurate record of who is training, this will assist with contact tracing should it be necessary.
- All payments are by contactless only – no cash.
- The overall track capacity user’s limit of 60 athletes, plus coaches has been set by Swansea University which will filter down to each groups set allocation.
- No athlete or coach should attend a training session whether in a club session or otherwise if they or any member of their household is suffering from a symptom of Covid-19.
- Athletes and coaches should try to maintain 2m distances between themselves and every other person at all times including during warm up, drills, efforts and warm down. If running abreast the athletes must be spaced at least 2m/2 lanes apart and if running in single file at least 2 metres between athletes.