Afan Nedd Tawe Secondary Schools Sportshall Athletics Trials @ Swansea University Sports Centre Wednesday 14th December
(Closing date now extended to 10am Tuesday 13th December) Wednesday 14th December is the Afan Nedd Tawe Secondary Schools Sportshall Athletics county trial to represent the Afan Nedd Tawe School district on Sunday 12th March 2023 at Cwmbran in the Welsh School District finals. Entries for this event can be made directly by parent/guardians or PE teachers before the closing date of 10am Tuesday 13th December 2022. Late entries will not be accepted. Return entries by email to [email protected]
Download an entry form here 14.12.22 Sportshall Open Meeting Entry Form and Timetable
U13 Boys & Girls = (school years 7 & 8) and U15 Boys & Girls = (school years 9 & 10)
- U13 athletes must select and compete in two track events and two field events. Highlight on the entry form above and list clearly the 4 events you will be participating in.
- U15 athletes must select and compete in both the 2 lap and 4 lap races on the track. In the field U15 athletes must compete in two field events, one from section A and one from section B, noting that U15B&G the boys have standing triple jump and the girls vertical jump. Highlight on the entry form above and list clearly the 4 events you will be participating in.
|Age Group||U13 Track Events||U13 Field Events||Age Group||U15 Track Events||Section A U15 Field Events||Section B U15 Field Events|
|Obstacle Race||Shot||U15B||2 lap race (120m)||Standing Long Jump||Speed Bounce|
|2 lap race (120m)||Speed Bounce||4 lap race (240m)||Standing Triple Jump||Shot|
|4 lap race (240m)||Standing Long Jump|
|6 lap race (360m)||Standing Triple Jump||U15G||2 lap race (120m)||Standing Long Jump||Speed Bounce|
|Vertical Jump||4 lap race (240m)||Vertical Jump||Shot|
- Obstacle race = forward roll, high stepper, speed bounce & 2 x hurdles.
- Athletes must select and compete in two track events and two field events.
- U15B&G the boys have standing triple jump and the girls vertical jump.
- One lap (60m) is equal to 2 lengths of a school sportshall.
- All athletes must wear trainers no spikes allowed.
- Track events take priority if there is a clash with a field event. Once track event is completed athletes may return to their field event to complete their allocated attempts.
- Each competitor will have three attempts in the shot put, standing long, vertical & triple jumps.
- Speed bouncers have 1 attempt for 30 seconds.
- The results of this event will be used as the basis of selection for the Afan Nedd Tawe team to compete in the Welsh Schools district Sportshall Athletics Championships at Cwmbran on Sunday 12th March 2023, which in turn acts as a qualifier for the UK final in TBC.
- Qualification for track finals will be the fastest 5 times, therefore winning your heat does not guarantee a final place.
- Finals will be run at heat times if heats are not necessary.
- There is a closing date for entries of 10am Tuesday 13th December 2022, and for BACS payment of the entry Fee = £5.00 per athlete.