This Sunday 20th August is the final competition opportunity for under 11, under 13 and under 15 junior athletes.
The Welsh Inter Club Challenge West Wales Division will be taking place at home Swansea.
Clubs involved: Bridgend AC, Carmarthen Harriers, Llanelli AAC, Neath Harriers, Pembrokeshire Harriers, Swansea Harriers, TROTS.
Additional volunteers are still required to ensure the smooth running of the day please. Qualified UK Athletics officials should contact Jo Wood at [email protected] and any parents or guardians text Andrew at 078 94 57 35 55 any assistance is gratefully recived.
U11 Boys & Girls = School Years 4 & 5 – (75m, 150m, 800m, 4 x 100m Relay, Javelin, Shot & Long Jump)
U13 Boys & Girls = School Years 6 & 7 – (100m, 200m, 800m, 1500m, 70m/75m Hurdles, 4 x 100m Relay, Javelin, Shot, Discus, Pole Vault, Long Jump & High Jump)
U15 Boys & Girls = School Years 8 & 9 – (100m, 200m, 300m, 800m, 1500m, 75m/80m Hurdles, 4 x 100m Relay, Javelin, Shot, Discus, Hammer, Pole Vault, Long Jump & High Jump)
- All athletes will need to sign in to collect their numbers and pins at least 1 hour before their first event, upstairs in the white pavilion by the 100m start line. Each athlete will be provided with 2 x numbers, 1 front and 1 back.
- Toilet facilities are in the pavilion. First aid will be provided on site.
- Refreshments will be on sale upstairs in the white pavilion (next to registration).
- There’s a stand at the venue, or spectators can bring their own seating on the grassed area in the Mumbles end.
- Car parking for the athletics event is available in the gravel car park near the indoor athletics track, or the pay and display car park at the swimming pool.
- Report to events 10 minutes (track) and 20 or 30 minutes (field) / 45 minutes (pole vault) before timetabled start time. Please listen out for announcements.
- Athletes will have three trials each in all javelin, shot, discus, hammer, long jump and triple jump field events.
- Officials / volunteers are asked to sign in on arrival in the white pavilion. Officials’ refreshments will be available in the café.
- Due to the West Wales division offering a full track and field event programme for athletes, event clashes for some disciplines are unavoidable. If an athlete has a track and a field event timetabled at the same time, please sign in at the field event before competing in the track event. Athletes can then return to complete their trials.
- High Jump and Pole Vault athletes will re-join the event at whatever height the bar has increased to.
- Team managers may select and enter relay teams in each age group on the day. Please speak to your club team manager if you’d like to be in a team. Mixed teams will also be permitted for athletes wanting to get involved as this is a fun element of the competition.
Closing Date for entries extended (for selected events only) until Saturday 19th August @ 21:00. There are no entries on the day.
Click here for Sunday’s FINAL TIMETABLE
Click here for ATHLETE INFORMATION
Click here for THE LIST OF COMPETITORS
Click here for Sunday’s ONLINE RESULTS LINK. Results will be published live after each event has concluded (or scan the QR Code at the venue / on the timetable)