Club Training Sessions For Members U18 Only Resume Monday 29th March
In line with Welsh Government guidelines for organised sport, club training sessions will resume from Monday 29th March for members aged U18 including all of school year 13. Ensure you read version 5 of the clubs covid 19 plan before training Swansea Harriers Covid Plan Version 6 @ 02.04.21 there have been many changes, key information includes:
Only the outdoor track is reopening, indoors remains closed for the foreseeable future.
- You cannot just turn up to training, athletes must only attend a club session upon direct invitation from their coach and must confirm their attendance not less than 24 hours before the session is due to commence.
- All athletes must register at the club cafe before each session to ensure that the club and the facility maintains an accurate record of who is training, this will assist with contact tracing should it be necessary.
- All payments are by contactless only – no cash.
- No athlete or coach should attend a training session whether in a club session or otherwise if they or any member of their household is suffering from a symptom of Covid-19.
- Athletes and coaches should maintain 2m distances between themselves and every other person at all times including during warm up, drills, efforts and warm down. If running abreast the athletes must be spaced at least 2m/2 lanes apart and if running in single file at least 2 metres between athletes.
- We understand that for many of you getting back to training will be an important part of establishing regular routines alongside going back to school and taking part in other organised activities. We also recognise that this may not be easy especially where families have been directly affected by the virus. We will ensure that there is a gradual easing in with our training and we will want to make sure you enjoy your time back with us. Don’t worry if you have had little opportunity to train or keep fit, the important thing is to get back with your training group and enjoy your sport. The coaches are also there to give support and encouragement, so let your coach know if you are feeling worried in any way when returning to training. We want everyone within the club to flourish and feel positive about being with the Harriers.