West Wales Indoor Championships Final Timetable & Athletes Notes for Saturday 13th January
Day 1 West Wales Indoor Championships at Swansea on Saturday 13th January information including the final timetable and athletes notes now available below. Please pay particular attention to all the new event times.
EVENTS ON DAY 1 are 60m, 60m Hurdles & Shot
- Arrive no later than 45 minutes before reporting time (shot) / call room time (track) to register and collect number and pins.
- Maximum 6 competitors in each 60m sprint race.
- Maximum 4 competitors in each 60m hurdles race.
- Qualification for track FINALS will be the fastest 6 times in 60m and fastest 4 times in 60m hurdles for all age groups (where required).
- Track finals will be run at heat times if there are not enough competitors for heats on the day.
- Track event athletes must be in the warm up / call room area no later than 10 minutes before start time.
- Seeding for track events will take place prior to athletes arriving in call room. These will be displayed on OpenTrack live.
- If an athlete has a track and a field event at the same time, please sign in at the shot before competing in the track event.
- Shot: U11, U13 & U15 athletes will have three trials. U17, U20 & Senior athletes will have an optional six trials.
- Shot athletes should report directly to the event for warm up at the ‘reporting time’ shown on the timetable.
- Numbers to be worn on the front and back for all events.
- West Wales medals will be presented to the top three in each age group and event.
- Medals will be presented at the field event locations and at the finish line for track events by our volunteer officials.
- Note that Swansea University has implemented a maximum capacity in the venue to comply with new fire regulations, therefore we will have to restrict competitors to one parent/guardian each.
- Volunteers are required, supporting the qualified officials, please offer your assistance if you are able to help.
- Please check the final timetable and event information very carefully for the event start times and reporting times for your event/s, as there have been some adjustments to the provisional timetable advertised earlier this month, the shot in particular.
Please note that parking will be busy at the Sports Park on Saturday. As a result,
those attending this weekend’s athletics event are asked to park at the Singleton Hospital Staff Car Park, shown on the map below and is free of charge.
START LISTS & LIVE RESULTS
Event Results will be available online shortly after each event has concluded (using the OpenTrack platform – which has also been used for all other Welsh Athletics indoor competitions this season).
Scan the QR code on the timetable or go to:
Note that entries are still open for day 2 on Saturday 20th January where all four jumps are scheduled https://data.opentrack.run/en-gb/x/2024/GBR/ww-indoor2/